Forklift Ramps for Loading Shipping Containers
Forklift Ramps for Containers | Safety with Performance
Forklift ramps for containers offer the easiest way to safely navigate the transition from ground to shipping containers. Copperloy has been engineering and manufacturing loading equipment for over 60 years. Our goal is always safety and performance when delivering heavy-duty loading ramps to withstand heavy use.
Does your yard site require a rapid change of operations from one shipping container to another? The design of our forklift ramps is your ideal solution!
Our forklift ramps for containers can quickly and easily be moved with a forklift. With capacities of 16,000 to 30,000 pounds, these ramps can handle heavy-duty forklift loading and unloading day in and out. Additionally, with our standard added safety features our shipping container ramp result is a safe and sturdy process.
Keep your shipping yard loading and unloading operations moving in a timely manner. Copperloy forklift ramps for containers allow traffic to move smoothly from ground level up and shipping container bed down. therefore, ensuring an effective yet timely loading and unloading process.
Safety With Performance
Copperloy forklift ramps for containers are expertly engineered with the highest level of safety and performance. Key safety features make unloading containers a breeze.
- 8-Foot Level Off – An 8-foot level off feature gives forklifts easy access to containers and loading platforms. Particularly on mobile ramps, this feature provides excellent stability.
- 15-Inch Lip – 15-Inch Lip – Our ramps feature a full 15-inch lip that securely sits on the platform. Mobile ramps feature safety chains. These benefits are designed to ensure the ramp doesn’t pull away.
- Hydraulic Pump – In comparison to competitors, a single-acting hydraulic hand pump requires minimal effort to lift. Additionally, the pump is placed in a new location for easy maintenance and to protect against dirt, debris, and damage.
- Deck Grating – Engineered for durability, high-strength steel grating bars are standard on all Copperloy ramps. Spaced bars allow snow, rain, and other debris to fall through. A serrated grating is part of the ramp’s design, ensuring a high-traction running surface in all weather.
- Low-End Plate – A low-end plate shorter than the wheelbase of most forklifts. This design enables front drive wheels to reach high-traction grating. Meanwhile, the rear wheels are still in contact with the ground.
- Safety Curbs – 7-inch curbs, standard on a Copperloy yard ramp, help prevent accidental runoff.
Call Today For Quote
Copperloy Delivers Solutions No Matter The Specifications
Still unsure of the best solution for your loading dock equipment requirements? Visit these pages for more options of portable loading dock equipment:
Portable Loading Docks – These ramps are ideal for temporary, seasonal, or to expand your existing warehouse needs. When looking for temporary solutions Copperloy provides answers.
Van Ramps– Moving product from ground level to trailer level using dollies and hand carts? These ramps are ideal for professional movers, vendors, and many other industries. Visit our van ramps page to learn more about how they can boost your productivity.
Portable Loading Platforms – These platforms allow lift trucks to easily make right angle turns.
Contact Copperloy today; our representatives are available to answer any questions and assist in finding your best-fitting ramp. Keep your employees safe all the while increasing your productivity with forklift ramps for containers.
Shipping Container Ramp | A Step Above the Competition
All Copperloy ramps, including forklift ramps for containers, outweigh the capacities of many competitors. Additionally, Copperloy products are proudly manufactured in the USA. Watch the video below to discover how Copperloy’s ramps measure up to standard ramps.
Types of Yard Ramps
Create a Portable Dock Anywhere with Mobile Yard Ramps
Companies can create a dock anywhere with a mobile yard ramp by easily converting open yard space into a portable loading dock. Yard ramps provide a safe, efficient method to load/unload freight with forklifts and access the back of the truck. Forklift ramps for containers and all of our mobile yard ramps are designed to meet your exact needs. A yard ramp is a cost-effective way to expand freight handling capacity beyond the physical loading docks in a facility.
Portable Yard Ramps
The yard ramp acts as a portable loading dock ramp and an ideal solution for shipments that need to go from ground level to the truck and a fast method to unload a truck to the ground. Copperloy offers both aluminum ramps and steel ramps depending on your weight and application requirements. Rentals are available and ideal for short-term projects.
Portable Steel Yard Ramps
Copperloy portable steel yard ramps are available in different base materials. However, steel is the standard base for yard ramps. As a leader in custom steel fabrication, Copperloy has mastered the craft of high-strength steel specifications and integrated features such a serrated steel grating for added traction. Manufactured in the USA, steel ramps are built for durability and made to last.
Our dock-to-ground yard ramps provide a stationary, semi-permanent solution and are typically fixed to the dock for fast, efficient loading/unloading solution handling weights up to 30,000 lbs. Copperloy dock-to-ground ramps can be custom built to the specifications of your dock for a safe, versatile way to expand the capability of your loading dock.
Ground-to-Truck Yard Ramps
Ground-to-truck ramps allow for easy ground-level access to semi-trucks. Copperloy yard ramps allow for maximum safety and productivity when unloading and loading. Designed for industrial use, ramps are available in aluminum or steel based on your material handling requirements.
Heavy-Duty Portable Loading Docks with Dock Platforms
For facilities with limited space or no permanent dock exists, portable loading docks can provide a cost-effective solution for parallel loading when used with dock-to-ground or yard ramps. Copperloy’s portable loading platform features durable steel construction that can handle capacities up to 60,000 pounds. Their unique design allows lift trucks to easily make right-angle turns. Multiple portable loading docks can be connected when larger portable loading docks are required.
Applications of High-Capacity Yard Ramps
Typical uses of our heavy-duty, high-capacity steel yard ramps include:
- Industrial equipment applications
- Construction equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Flatbed truck unloading/loading
- Military applications such as loading military vehicles and equipment
- Tractors, skid steers, bobcats, and other heavy equipment
- Heavy equipment rentals
- Warehouse equipment
- Car and vehicle ramps
Portable Yard Ramp Safety
Although Copperloy forklift ramps for containers are designed with safety features, operating a forklift on a ramp should be done with the utmost caution. Prior to using the ramp, it is important to thoroughly review the owner’s manual. Only trained personnel should operate the ramp.
It is extremely important to ensure that the ramp is properly secured before loading and unloading tasks. View the owner’s manual for a full overview of instructions and precautions. We also recommend reviewing the OSHA ramp guidelines.
Why Choose Copperloy Forklift Ramps For Containers?
A Copperloy forklift container ramp offers a wide variety of benefits for any loading dock. We design our ramps with single-acting hydraulics and many other unique features to make freight handling as easy as possible:
- Quick & Easy Operation – Single-acting hydraulics significantly increase the ramp’s raising speed, allowing you to position the ramp 2.5X faster than standard yard ramps. We have also positioned the hand pump on the exterior to streamline the setup process.
- High-Strength Construction – Copperloy heavy-duty ramps last longer than the competition because we use the highest quality steel and aluminum in the construction of every model. This means you can worry less about wear and tear while getting the best value out of your equipment.
- Superior Stability – Our hydraulics system utilizes a centrally located cylinder, which automatically compensates for shifts in weight distribution. This prevents wobbling or tipping to make forklift operation smoother and keep workers safe.
- Improved Maneuverability – Our ramp mobility features include a positioning sleeve, towbar, and solid 18-inch tires for quicker repositioning and better handling on uneven terrain. Most importantly, you can spend less time waiting around and more time finishing jobs.
In addition to our design features, Copperloy offers assurance that you can get the high-quality equipment you need with nearly any budget. You can buy new, used, or even get a yard ramp rental, and you will receive a reliable, factory-certified ramp every time. Contact us today to learn how a shipping container forklift ramp can work within your budget.
Yard Ramp Features | Forklift Ramps for Containers
8-FOOT LEVEL OFF
The Copperloy mobile yard ramp has an 8-foot level off feature. This is necessary for forklifts to have easy access onto trucks, loading docks, and platforms. It allows the fork truck to safely enter the trailer at a level approach and without having to stop. This feature makes for very stable forklift ramps for containers and is especially useful on mobile ramps.
The 15-inch lip is designed to firmly rest on the truck carrier body, dock floor or platform. Our mobile ramps come equipped with eight-foot-long safety chains. Chains join the ramp to keep it from pulling away.
The single-acting hydraulic hand pump design requires half the effort needed to raise ramp compared to other mobile ramps. The pump is relocated so that it is protected away from dirt, debris, damage and makes maintenance easier to perform. The handle is stored out of the way when not in use.
SMOOTH SIDE PLATES
Smooth side plates and safety curbs are standard. They are constructed of high strength steel and enclose all working components, while also protecting them from possible damage from other equipment.
LOW END PLATE
We designed an end plate that is shorter than the wheelbase of most forklift trucks. This way, front-drive wheels can reach high-traction grating, while rear wheels are still on the ground. The plate comes standard with beveling from the underside and helps to provide an easy and smooth ground-level entry. It also eliminates jolts and bumps as the forklifts travel on and off the yard ramp, with or without a load.
DECK GRATING ON OUR YARD RAMPS
High-strength steel is standard on all Copperloy yard ramps. Grating bars are constructed for durability in the roughest of applications. The 1-3/4 inch bar depth allows snow, rain, and other debris to fall through. The serrated grating helps to ensure an all-weather, high-traction running surface.
7-inch high curbs are standard on all Copperloy ramps to help prevent accidental runoff with a patented box frame.
18-INCH SOLID/PNEUMATIC TIRES
The solid/pneumatic tires are standard on all Copperloy mobile yard ramps and are ideal for all applications. The tires do not require air to fill, are maintenance-free, and have lubricated-for-life bearings.
THE POSITIONING SLEEVE
The position sleeve allows the yard ramp to maneuver 180 degrees which reduces loading/unloading time and increases productivity. The fork slides into the positioning sleeve and the ramp can easily be positioned into place. The positioning sleeve is included with all steel mobile yard ramps. The sleeve is not intended for long-distance towing.
A tow bar is an option on both steel and aluminum forklift ramps for containers that attach to the lower end of the loading ramp. It allows the ramp to be towed a short distance (within your facility). The max towing speed is 5-mph and is not intended for over-the-road towing.