4 Reasons to Add Copperloy Heavy Duty Truck Ramps to Your Facility
The Perfect Addition to Any Loading Dock
A loading dock bay only has so many docking areas for trucks to pull into before you have to stop and wait for one to open up. So what are you supposed to do when your spaces are full and 3 more trucks roll in? If you want to finish all your shipments by the end of the day, you are going to need to expand, but you can’t just up and move to a new facility on a busy day. You need heavy duty truck ramps.
Copperloy’s heavy duty truck ramps are the best way to expand your capacity. These ramps will give you the ability to meet your quotas without getting overwhelmed by a constant flow of incoming shipments. If you want to save more time, finish more jobs, and maximize your productivity, Copperloy is the best choice.
But Copperloy isn’t the only manufacturer of yard ramps, right? What makes us better than the competition? Check out these 4 reasons why you should choose Copperloy heavy duty truck ramps or call the number below to learn more!
Call Today For Quote
Save Time with Single-Acting Hydraulic Design
Time is an invaluable resource for loading docks and pretty much any other business. Warehouses and distribution centers need to stay on task to meet incredibly strict deadlines, so their equipment needs to be as efficient as possible.
Heavy duty truck ramps use hydraulics to raise and lower to match the height of tractor trailers. Standard industry ramps tend to use double-acting hydraulics, but double does not necessarily mean better. Double-acting hydraulic systems can output extreme amounts of pressure but are bloated, heavy, and slow. This makes the ramp harder to move around and wastes precious time that could be spent working.
Copperloy ramps use single-acting hydraulics to offer higher levels of performance. Here are some ways this design outperforms double-acting systems:
- Quick & Easy Setup – Single-acting hydraulics can raise the ramp 2.5X faster than double-acting systems, so you aren’t standing around waiting to work. The hand pump is also on the outside of the ramp, so setting up your ramp takes much less time and effort.
- No Wobbling or Tipping – Copperloy ramps have a centrally-located cylinder that compensates for any shifts in weight while forklifts use the ramp. This eliminates tipping and wobbling, minimizing the chance for accidents.
- Compact Design – Double-acting systems are bulky and hard to maneuver. Single-acting systems allow for a more compact ramp design, so repositioning is less of a hassle.
- Less Wear and Tear – Single-acting systems rise more evenly than standard models, and with durable steel or aluminum construction, Copperloy ensures your ramp will last longer than other industry ramps.
If you want to save the most time with your heavy duty truck ramps, single-acting hydraulics is the best option.
Moving Your Ramp Has Never Been Easier
Heavy duty truck ramps are often referred to as portable loading docks because they can create a freight handling center in nearly any location. While you may not move your ramp for every task, you are going to reposition eventually. However, Copperloy ramps can weigh upwards of 6,000 pounds. That is heavier than a large pickup truck, and moving that by hand is not an option.
Copperloy emphasizes mobility in the design of our ramps, so moving your ramp between jobs is quick and easy. Each heavy duty truck ramp includes these mobility features:
- Positioning Sleeve – This gives forklifts the ability to maneuver the ramp at 180 degrees. Repositioning your ramp no longer requires multiple pivots, so you can bring downtime to a minimum.
- Towbar – This feature allows for towing up to 5-mph to move your ramp around your loading dock.
- 18-Inch Pneumatic Tires – Many standard ramps use air-filled tires, which require constant maintenance and refilling. Copperloy ramps use solid, pneumatic tires with lubricated bearings, making them virtually maintenance-free. These tires offer just enough cushioning to handle rough terrain without the popping and deflation risks of air-filled tires.
NOTICE: These features are not designed for high-speed towing. If you need to relocate your ramp to a different facility, you will need specialized transport.
No More Pallet Drops or Workers’ Comp
Safety should always be a top priority at any loading dock. Forklifts move at high speeds and introduce many hazards to employees. Even with certified operators, you need to train personnel in forklift safety to prevent accidents, so you do not need an unsafe ramp causing problems.
Dropping a pallet will damage cargo, which is not the end of the world. However, an injury can result in major workers’ compensation costs and, in the worst case, lawsuits. Copperloy ramps have a wide variety of safety features to protect workers and ensure you don’t lose money to preventable accidents. These features will also help your facility fulfill the requirements of OSHA laws and regulations.
- An 8-foot level off to create a level surface as forklifts enter and exit truck trailers.
- A 15-inch lip and safety chains to keep the ramp securely connected to the truck.
- A low end plate that sits lower than a forklift’s wheelbase, allowing forklifts to access the ramp with all 4 tires firmly planted on the ground.
- The serrated deck grating creates a high-traction surface even during rain or snowfall.
- 7-inch safety curbs prevent accidental runoff as forklifts ascend and descend the ramp.
- The centrally located cylinder increases the balance and stability of the ramp, so forklift operators do not have to worry about tipping with a heavy load.
Options for Any Budget
It is common for projects to exceed your loading dock’s capacity from time to time, but this does not mean you will always need it. You should not have to spend large amounts of money on equipment you will only use a few times over the course of a month. With Copperloy, you can rent heavy duty truck ramps, so you can expand without having to make a long-term commitment.
If you need a more permanent solution on a tight budget, a used ramp might be the best choice for you. A ramp is a major investment, and we understand that a brand new ramp is not always an affordable option. Thankfully, all Copperloy used ramps and rentals are factory-certified, ensuring you receive the same quality regardless of what you spend.
Get Heavy Duty Truck Ramps from Copperloy Today!
Are you looking for a way to expand your loading dock capacity? Copperloy is a leading provider of equipment solutions including heavy duty truck ramps, edge of dock levelers, portable dock platforms, and more! Contact us today, and our staff will be ready to answer your questions and discuss what options will work best for you!