The Secret to Copperloy Yard Ramps
If you have been searching for new loading equipment for your facility, you need to consider what will be the best addition to your current fleet. Yard ramps have been a central part of freight loading operations for many years, but what makes them so useful? Well, the secret to Copperloy yard ramps is simple: They save time.
Time is one of the most important resources for any business. Freight loading facilities have to work within strict scheduling parameters to meet the needs of their clients. Therefore, finding the most efficient equipment possible is critical to productivity.
If your facility does not currently have a yard ramp, your loading and unloading times may be able to make the cut. However, you are sacrificing time to unnecessary downtime and inefficient loading methods.
Without a yard ramp, your forklift operator cannot quickly move pallets from the truck directly to the warehouse. Your forklift operator has to move pallets from the truck, then to the bay door, and then has to break the pallet down and use other equipment to move the contents to their destination. Sound complicated? It is. But with a yard ramp, the driver simply positions the truck, and the forklift is free to take pallets from the truck, up the ramp, and into the facility with no extra hassle.
As a result, you eliminate unnecessary tasks from the workflow and maximize your efficiency. Most importantly, saving time means you can finish jobs more quickly and complete more jobs in a single workday. Thus, you make more money, in less time, with less work.
But what makes Copperloy yard ramps the best choice for your facility? How do we make time a top factor when designing ramps?
How do our yard ramps save time?
Here at Copperloy, we have developed a yard ramp design with many special features that improve performance and safety, and provide advantages you will not find with standard models:
- Faster Raise Times – Our unique, one-cylinder design outperforms traditional two-cylinder ramps by a mile. One-cylinder yard ramps not only need less pressure to lift, but also raise much more quickly. So, you can position your ramp and get to work faster.
- Quicker Setup – In contrast to standard yard ramp designs, Copperloy one-cylinder ramps can be positioned directly at the truck. As a result, your crew can set up and start loading two-and-a-half times faster than the typical two-cylinder yard ramps.
- Reduced Wear and Tear – Two-cylinder yard ramps tend to rise unevenly due to general wear and tear. Our one-cylinder design is less susceptible to general wear, and ensures the ramp rises evenly every time.
- Improved Safety – Our new design provides greater stability because the centrally-located cylinder also improves balance and prevents tipping. Other features like the safety curb, low endplate, 8-foot level off, and high-traction deck grating make freight loading safer for forklift operators.
- Convenient Pump Access – We design our hydraulic yard ramps with the pump on the outside of the frame, providing quick and easy access.
- Solid Pneumatic Tires – Solid tires do not contain air, so they are more capable of moving over rough terrain with the risk of puncturing or air leakage. As a result, they eliminate time related to tire deflation.
- Relocated Rotation Point – Rotation is focused on our redesigned positioning sleeve rather than the ramp’s connection, minimizing wear on the ramp body.
- More Secure Positioning Sleeve – Our positioning sleeve has three points of connection with the ramp, reducing the risk of disconnection while towing.
With Copperloy, you receive the most efficient yard ramps on the market designed to maximize your facility’s productivity and save valuable time during the workday.
Why choose Copperloy yard ramps?
Here at Copperloy, we design our yard ramps to provide clients with the strength, longevity, and efficiency they need to get the job done right. In fact, we have been innovating loading equipment designs for over 60 years. You can depend on us to deliver superior solutions tailored to your specific facility requirements.
At our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, we equip our staff with the most advanced technologies. We maintain high-level precision at every stage of design and production, creating ramps that exceed quality and performance standards. Furthermore, we design our ramps to ensure employees are safe while they work. Forklift operation introduces many potential risks to the freight loading process, so we design our ramps to meet OSHA‘s strict safety requirements.
When you choose Copperloy, you receive high-quality equipment from a proven manufacturer that will not only improve productivity, but will also protect your employees. If you are interested in buying or renting a Copperloy yard ramp for your facility, contact us today to discuss size and capacity options.
Watch the comparison video below to learn more about how Copperloy yard ramps can save you time and money in comparison to standard industry ramps: